Wednesday, May 02, 2007

If beauty came to me

My seniors made a documentary movie this year on advertisements and the impact they have on our lives. They collected statistics and surveyed countless girls from our college on how they perceive beauty. I don't quite remember the figures but it was evident that a huge section of those interviewed didn't quite feel good about the way they looked.
I fall into that category as well. I detest the way I appear. I've never been comfortable with the way I look and its done more damage to me than can be expressed. I have spent 16 years of my 20 years of existence in an all girls environment. However, its just been the last 2 years that I have consciously been aware of my looks. College and its side-effects.
beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder?? yeah right! Ugly ducklings turn into majestic swans only in stories...
Well,I really wish everyone could watch that film... everyone. It was a very well made film. Very thought provoking... the message was put across in the lightest way possible. But, it didn't stop me from thinking again... if i was only beautiful...

10 comments:

- Ubiquitous - said...

You're mad!!! :|

Next time you look in the mirror, smile.

And see the difference.

:)

Sataract said...

adding a little to ubiquitious's comment....we are our worst critics...happens to us all....



cheerio...

khadli said...

@ubiquitous
i shall do as you say... but, believe me, that'll make matters worse! do you know my teeth resemble that of a vampire!! my smile is deadly... pun definitely intended!! lol

@sataract
hmmm... i guess, you are right. so, how do we stop this depressing, confidence-shattering feeling from raising its ugly head???

Sataract said...

dunno...ignore it i guess..if it stops others,it should stop this i guess...

Andalite said...

16 outta 20 years? where did you spend the other 4?

and i agree with sataract w.r.t. the critics part.. so join the club! im president :P

khadli said...

@ sataract

i tried it. doesn't work with me! it keeps coming back *sigh*

@ andalite

the remaining 4 years were my formative years, josh! they were the first 4 years of my life and i have no clue if i was with girls or guys then... considering its me, i think, i would have spent my time with girls then as well!

and dear president, i have been the oldest member of your club! hehehe...

Babska said...

oye!
can i tell you something? and no, it's not sympathy or pity, it's a fact!

you've got giggly and twinkly eyes! and you've got a smile that i haven't ever seen before!!!!

there! face value :P

H said...

from what I can see ...

well you have a smile which is a curve that sets everything straight ...

stolen from somewhere ...but i guess it suits the context...

Maddy said...

How does it matter!! whether a person is good looking or ugly!! Well wat i think is beauty is just skin deep and wat takes you places is not your appearance but ofcourse wats in u , tat diffentiates u from the rest......
And i.e ur individuality...Got it
So now onwards be happy and be proud the way u look,coz u are a creation of the master artist and he is perfect in wat he does!! Wat Say? Cheers!! Mudaser Akbar!!

khadli said...

@ babushka

you make me feel... good! thankee!! :) (there... the smiley face!)

@ hatim and mudaser

thanks.