Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sacrifice… murder.

I saw a dog die. I saw a train crushing the life out of him. The rumble of the mighty engine drowned the tiny squeak which was the last thing he did – a cry for help? I saw him die while I stood there helpless. I don’t like dogs. But, painful tears instinctively stung my eyes while I stood there, frozen.

That dog was a small thing, white, with a black snout. He had innocent, big eyes very similar to Gypsy’s (Romy’s dog) eyes.

At first, I saw him merrily run around on the tracks unaware of the train around the corner. When he saw it advance slowly towards him, he scurried for the platform. But the gap between the tracks and the platform was too high for his tiny legs to conquer. He couldn’t manage the leap. He tried running further ahead. Turning around he saw the train close on him. And then, he didn’t move. The terror of imminent death showed in his eyes. A second later, I saw the train occupy the spot he was standing on. He was gone.

Why did he die? Why? I think I know the answer… and if that’s the right answer, then, I can’t help but thank God for his death. Darn it.

5 comments:

abhas1 said...

You've been TAGGED!

khadli said...

erm... ok.

deletedfiles said...

excellent !

khadli said...

@ murtuza
lol... whats so excellent? the post or getting tagged??
and you know that this is what i saw at the station. couldn't help putting it up here.

Anonymous said...

sacrifice? no
murder? i think not.
an accident - most likely.

anjali