Monday, January 22, 2007

Virtual reality

Dreams! I am fascinated by them. Have always been. In fact, when I was a kid, (not that I am not now, I meant chronologically) I found it extremely difficult to differentiate between the ‘real’ world and the one I dreamt about. Needless to say, I did sometimes dream those stereotypical children’s dreams; those about beautiful things in illusive environments (you know, those that are the result of the stuff that is perennially stuffed into children’s brains). But often, I dreamt about people, ‘real’ people who I encountered everyday, and that’s when I woke up and thought that I was still dreaming. I remember asking mama then, if I was in a dream and if she was in my dream. It happened so often… it was so beautiful.

Hasn’t anyone wondered if the world that we step into when we dream might just be the ‘real’ world, and the one we find ourselves in when we wake up might actually be a dream! How do you know that the world you are in right now is the real one? It might be a nightmare that shall pass when you open your eyes. In fact, this mundane thing that everyone calls life might be a dream. And again, this fearful thing that everyone calls death, might actually be a bridge to the real world. Haven’t you ever thought that the person you love might just be a figment of your imagination – a dream! That of course, is a scary thought and maybe no one wants to think scary things.

But hasn’t anyone been tormented by the thought of what is real? Is there anything that is real? Or is it merely us who take things to be real, just to avoid complicating matters. But, isn’t it also a consolation for all those losers (I hate, detest, abhor that word, but I can’t help using it coz I myself am one) who’ve lost this battle called life, to think that this actually is purely a dream! Ah… its blissful to think that way. This is what optimism is actually! Lol… Virtual reality. (Just a lil bit of gyaan – I used this phrase in my first ever poem. It’s a phrase I love, simply because it is so real… to me.)

2 comments:

abhas1 said...

Dreams? Wake up, Neo.
Welcome, to the real world
:D

khadli said...

lol...
i'm glad i'm here!