Thursday, November 23, 2006

Deceiving Dreams

`Tis a dazzling Star, leading me,
Deep into a lacuna of fantasy,
Blinding the sight, with a divine light,
Promising a surreal reality.

A soft sound pulls me back
“Whispers of reason?” I ask.
Blocking the way, and the stellar ray,
Leaving me confounded in my track.

“O Star, where do you take me?
What is this strange territory?
A haven of dreams, where happiness beams?
A wonderland sans animosity?”

The radiant Star doesn’t speak a word,
It only smiles, but I have heard,
Its euphonious melody, in delightful harmony,
Drawing me in to its idyllic world.

Where the golden sand rests beneath my feet
And pristine waters rush in with speed.
Where nature’s Opulence, displays her magnificence
And Paradise opens her arms wide to greet!

With gratitude, I gaze at the Star,
Its brilliance focused on someone afar
I run towards the solitary figure
And just when I reach out to touch him
The Star vanishes, and dawn breaks….

2 comments:

Mayank said...

A Beautiful Poem and an apt response for writing woes :-)

khadli said...

thank you!!