Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mirror mirror, on the wall….

A silver edged, oval mirror stares me in the face. It too has a face which seems very familiar to me. I gape at that face because I see that which I cannot see anywhere. I see a searching loneliness, an all-consuming fire. I see all that is considered to be bad by society. I see a picture of flaring jealousy and disparaging envy. I see that which I hate to see. I see that which I fear to see because I see the truth. I see me.

(GE classes help! The above piece was what I penned down when I was irritated into thinking about what a mirror reflects when I look into it…)

2 comments:

- Ubiquitous - said...

Oooh, I remember writing a poem bout the mirror in GE class!

Sylvia Plath's good, isn't she? :)

khadli said...

oh yes! she absolutely is!! her poems esp. 'the mirror' are quite poignant ... and what's more her life itself is just so interesting! did you know she committed suicide! somehow, depressed characters attract me... intrigue me... have you heard about the gruesome way she committed suicide?