Sunday, February 11, 2007

Dewy tear, wistful memory and disgraceful fall

You’re the dewy tear on a rosy cheek
You’re the blurred image in a tormenting dream
You’re the lingering grief behind my smile
You’re the inherent agony in a muted scream.

You’re the wistful memory left by an evanescent moment,
You’re the bad poem written in a crumpled paper ball
You’re the ray of light shrouded by wisps of cloud
You’re the sweet reason behind my disgraceful fall.

Just vanish into oblivion ’coz
You’re the one I hate to love
You’re the one I hate to think about
You’re the one I keep thinking about.

The above poem was written in Lemn Sissay’s spoken word workshop. It follows the rhyme sequence abcb. I tried to keep to it but strayed away from a set rhythm. The poem, as he said, was to be written keeping in mind the one person we immensely loved. I didn’t do that… The title, however, is in accordance to what he asked us to do, which was simply to pick out three phrases from the poem.

My take on it: It’s a hideous poem composed in a beautiful workshop.

4 comments:

Hamster Babe said...

hey! i like the poem.. stop criticizing your work cause u seem like a moron:P love ya

khadli said...

oh well... fine i won't. i'll stop being modest. but, to tell you the truth romy, there were far better poems written that day on the same theme... ergo, am compelled to be humble abt my work.

- Ubiquitous - said...

My dear Junior

You're the one who's too modest
You're the one with self-doubt
You're the one with great writing skills.
I really don't know what you're fretting about!

Seriously, superb!!

:)

khadli said...

hehehe...
oh my dear senior,
i am grateful and flattered to say the least...
that was one superb comment... thank you! :))